Arsenal v Spurs official next match thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby Tenbob » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 am

Getting this one in early as there's bound to be loads of posts and the forum might not cope.
Now this matters it really matters, forget the manager, forget we got Xhaka in midfield ,forget about diabolical defending.
This comes down to heart desire and us the fans.
We did them at home and Wembley is our second home so lets do em again.
The Dortmund duo of Mik and Auba have brought that breath of fresh air to the side and added that something that we were missing.
Will it be Ramsey or Jack partnering the worse midfielder in Arsenal History (sorry I did say forget Xhaka)
Anyway let's just do em anyway anyhow.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Re: Arsenal v Spurs official next match thread

Postby potter » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:16 pm

You must have forgotten Denilson and many others from our chequered past . Eddie Mcgoldrick springs to my mind as qualifier for your trophy.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:46 pm

potter wrote:You must have forgotten Denilson and many others from our chequered past . Eddie Mcgoldrick springs to my mind as qualifier for your trophy.

Potter I said forget about him
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Gunnersaurus » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:46 pm

I think we'll win this, I can see them choking, Aubameyang to make himself an instant God, they couldn't deal with him in the past.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Postby German_Gooner » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Tenbob wrote:Getting this one in early as there's bound to be loads of posts and the forum might not cope.
Now this matters it really matters, forget the manager, forget we got Xhaka in midfield ,forget about diabolical defending.
This comes down to heart desire and us the fans.
We did them at home and Wembley is our second home so lets do em again.
The Dortmund duo of Mik and Auba have brought that breath of fresh air to the side and added that something that we were missing.
Will it be Ramsey or Jack partnering the worse midfielder in Arsenal History (sorry I did say forget Xhaka)
Anyway let's just do em anyway anyhow.

Will the cheating b*stards from the Lane fool the refs again?
Will we see again the little Willy of Alli on Twitter after the game?

COYG
no excuses
most important match of the season
German_Gooner
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:30 pm

We are a shambles so much so that a 1-0 loss seems like a victory. As for Lacazette in injury time it was probably harder to miss than score.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:41 pm

His confidence has been shot to pieces in Wenger's hope to keep Giroud happy and subbing him every game. I'm afraid that some of our players give glimpses of abiltiy but in the main Iwobi and Wellbeck are not good enough and Bellerin does most things right but cannot cross and doesn't seem to look for players before he just fires it across to the first defender. Mikhitasrian had a mare and Ozil was kept quiet and our new forward got no service. Our first shot was Wilshere in the 68th minute .
We were harried out of the game by the better team.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Should have done what everyone could see and secured a CB and a defensive midfielder .
Kos and Mustafi look all over the place at times and have both gone backward individually and as a partnership .
Their defensive midfielders two were so far better than Xhaka and Elneny it was embarrassing and then they bring on another quality one as back up.
Our top players again did not turn up as potter stated and it just keeps happening in the big games.
Thought the first half was pretty dull but they started the second half fast and we never responded and again went into panic mode when they scored.
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby 595 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Let’s be honest we got hammered 1-0 and were lucky to escape a humiliating shoeing , did well off the pitch though.

Postby louder » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm

It's going to be a tough result to take, but only because of the overly negativity response it brings. I think we've got a better team and squad than that lot and that could show itself in time. The Manager HAS to take the blame for this result though. We've got one of the best attacks in the game but we play like a bunch of minnows facing Barca of old. Why the hell were we so defensive ? At half time I hoped they'd change it, as the dwellers were having such an easy time, but we didn't and they prospered. Too little too late. To have a window like we've just had then take an approach like this is madness. Manager should accept responsibility here
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:21 am

I don't think that I am being overly negative , certain players are not improving , they need serious coaching not just in their attacking ability . The defence and midfield is lacking in any discipline and this can only be found by hard work in all areas . However it seems that this is not getting done because of the way that the mistakes are repeated time and time again. This I agree comes back to the manager whose prime directive is to sort these things out. It would appear that most people in the stadium can see this but only one person doesn't.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 am

[quote="595"]Let’s be honest we got hammered 1-0 and were lucky to escape a humiliating shoeing , did well off the pitch though.[/quote]

?
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 pm

potter wrote:I don't think that I am being overly negative , certain players are not improving , they need serious coaching not just in their attacking ability . The defence and midfield is lacking in any discipline and this can only be found by hard work in all areas . However it seems that this is not getting done because of the way that the mistakes are repeated time and time again. This I agree comes back to the manager whose prime directive is to sort these things out. It would appear that most people in the stadium can see this but only one person doesn't.

Sorry, P, You can pick out individuals if you like, but the the approach to the game was the reason we lost. At one point we had ten if our players within 5 yards of of out own penalty box and Auba was deeper than the centre circle while 'they' had the ball still in their own half ! Wtf is all that about ?!

If I were to really go in for one player then it'd have to be Xhaka. The bloke lacks any urgency (not sure I've ever seen him sprint ) and to describe him as 'basic' is about right. If I were to go easy on him I'd say maybe he needs a DM next to him in order to play. But even then, his passing isn't creative and he doesn't seem to have great vision. I'm not sure what he is.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 am

I tend to agree with you about Xhaka , I think although limited Elneny is a better bet there , at least he sticks to his job and doesn't get caught out of positioin so much. We need a midfield base especially when Wilshere ( more disciplined ) and Ramsey bomb forward. Basically we are unbalanced at the back and defensively in midfield and have been for some time. We have had a few windows to cure the problem but have not done so. However who knows about Mavropolous , will he kick on or go the way of Chambers and Holding >

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:35 am

potter wrote:I tend to agree with you about Xhaka , I think although limited Elneny is a better bet there , at least he sticks to his job and doesn't get caught out of positioin so much. We need a midfield base especially when Wilshere ( more disciplined ) and Ramsey bomb forward. Basically we are unbalanced at the back and defensively in midfield and have been for some time. We have had a few windows to cure the problem but have not done so. However who knows about Mavropolous , will he kick on or go the way of Chambers and Holding >

Yeah, agreed. I think I prefer Elneny in there. He looks much the hungrier player and does the simple things well enough.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:08 am

I have never understood why so many people don`t rate Elnany he is certainly better than Xhaka
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pm

High praise I know but the job he does reminds me a lot of Gilberto.

potter
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat