West Ham v Arsenal the new official next match thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby Tenbob » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:39 pm

Well after the Southampton debacle we need to bounce back to winning ways.
The Hammers tails will be up after the Chelsea win but they are a fickle bunch and we should turn them over.
Will wenger ring the changes and start with Potters wish of Giroud partnering Lacazette .
Can he please me and drop Xhaka.
Who will play at the back.
Whatever happens nothing but a win will do.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Tenbob wrote:Well after the Southampton debacle we need to bounce back to winning ways.
The Hammers tails will be up after the Chelsea win but they are a fickle bunch and we should turn them over.
Will wenger ring the changes and start with Potters wish of Giroud partnering Lacazette .
Can he please me and drop Xhaka.
Who will play at the back.
Whatever happens nothing but a win will do.

I agree with you about Xhaka but he plays every game so AW must like him. As for who will play at the back it will be the usual if Mustafi is fit. If Andy Carroll plays he will scare the life out of our snowflakes I wish Tony Adams and Steve Bould were twenty years old again.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: West Ham v Arsenal the new official next match thread

Postby potter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:48 pm

The reason that I want to see them together is to try playing a litle more direct, to have two players moving around high up ther pitch doing scissor cross overs and dragging defences around. Currently it's too easy do drop back form a wall and lets us try to thread balls to a player surrounded by half a dozen defenders, There are times when we need to be more direct afterall it worked fro Radford and Kennedy.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby German_Gooner » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:12 pm

the table shows exactly what we are,
a team not good enough any more for the top 4.
there is something seriously wrong with that team,
for me it is not a question of who is playing upfront
or playing which system,
there is no movement and the passing is too slow and not precise enough, the basic things.
All they can do is ask for more money,
they can f*ck off, frustrating
German_Gooner
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:16 pm

It's the incompetent way that they're set up to play. Just playing through the motions with no urgency.Time for many to go starting with the manager.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:05 am

We are a disgrace.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 am

Us or the club !?
It comes to something when you of all of us have finally turned to see the light.
I argued vehemently against Kroenke on the old board and called out our custodians as traitors to the cause. I get no satisfaction from knowing that I was right. Their running off with Kroenke's money and his lack of investment in his other franchises was there for all to see. I remember the one voice that argued for him was old pink hat Sierra herself . I wonderif she had any clout with the board and where she is today.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 am

potter wrote:Us or the club !?
It comes to something when you of all of us have finally turned to see the light.
I argued vehemently against Kroenke on the old board and called out our custodians as traitors to the cause. I get no satisfaction from knowing that I was right. Their running off with Kroenke's money and his lack of investment in his other franchises was there for all to see. I remember the one voice that argued for him was old pink hat Sierra herself . I wonderif she had any clout with the board and where she is today.

Not us potter the Club. After the final whistle I noticed something unusual our players went to our fans applauding them but the fans just sat there not applauding back or even abusing our players.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby German_Gooner » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 pm

Rainham Red wrote:

Not us potter the Club. After the final whistle I noticed something unusual our players went to our fans applauding them but the fans just sat there not applauding back or even abusing our players.

Strange reaction indeed,
but when I read your comment I remember that I also had some strange feelings after the Southampton game,
usually whenever we score there is a shout of joy,
but when Giroud scored I did not show any reaction, because I was so disappointed to watch that crap.
After the Westham game I was just angry, I could not believe that we played the same sh*t again.
German_Gooner
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 pm

German_Gooner wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

Strange reaction indeed,
but when I read your comment I remember that I also had some strange feelings after the Southampton game,
usually whenever we score there is a shout of joy,
but when Giroud scored I did not show any reaction, because I was so disappointed to watch that crap.
After the Westham game I was just angry, I could not believe that we played the same sh*t again.

At the final whistle last night like you GG I was livid by the way we played we just don`t seem to be able to change our tactics when the way we are playing is not getting us anywhere. I got even madder when I switched over to the news and I saw that the Government had been defeated in Parliament over the Brexit Bill.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:52 pm

The worm has turned and someone with some clout needs to take him to one side and tell him to step down. The only person that I can think of with that amount of kudos is David Dein . Perhaps the last great thing he could do for the club would be to persuade him to step aside , he bought him in , maybe he should tell him to go !

potter
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat