Giroud

Discuss all things Arsenal

Re: Giroud

Postby potter » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:53 pm

Whether he is the final answer or not , we certainly look a better team when he's out there than when he's not.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Giroud

Postby louder » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:16 pm

We can win the league with Giroud up front for the majority of the season. He's top quality. Would like to see us go and get Benteke as an understudy though.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Giroud

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:58 pm

louder wrote:We can win the league with Giroud up front for the majority of the season. He's top quality. Would like to see us go and get Benteke as an understudy though.

I agree he's a top player and improving all the time he's a vital part to our system and if he hadn't had that spell out injured he'd be up there fighting for the golden boot. It's not just his goals for me though he brings the rest of our attack into the game with his hold up play and hard work.
Northern Gooner

Giroud

Postby louder » Mon May 04, 2015 9:43 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... enger.html

Surprise, surprise, I agree with Le Boss. Henry is doing himself no favours with this punditry b*llocks, imo. Along with Carragher, Robbie Savage and others, I'm finding him quite annoying.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Giroud

Postby Allgunsblazin » Sun May 31, 2015 9:07 am

He accepted his role in the final and still had a smile on his face, good pro..... :applaude:
The Arsenal 5 The Scum 2, 26th February 2012 and 17th November 2012.
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Giroud

Postby Gunnersaurus » Sun May 31, 2015 9:30 am

It is what it is with Giroud, does his best for the club, not sure I'd call him a good pro though after what he got up to before City away in the team hotel but none the less a valuable asset to the squad in yesterday's role which is his role IMO and would be one of the best back ups in the league.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Giroud

Postby Gunnersaurus » Sun May 31, 2015 9:32 am

Northern Gooner wrote:
louder wrote:We can win the league with Giroud up front for the majority of the season. He's top quality. Would like to see us go and get Benteke as an understudy though.

I agree he's a top player and improving all the time he's a vital part to our system and if he hadn't had that spell out injured he'd be up there fighting for the golden boot. It's not just his goals for me though he brings the rest of our attack into the game with his hold up play and hard work.

I think the last 2 games have shown that he's not as vital to the system as we are led to believe or as people say.

We've played our best football of the season without him.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Giroud

Postby Allgunsblazin » Sun May 31, 2015 9:41 am

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Northern Gooner wrote:

I think the last 2 games have shown that he's not as vital to the system as we are led to believe or as people say.

I am sure he is now realising this, the holding up of the ball is not really our game when you have so many creative players that can offer so many dimensions I lose count...

He made a ricket as you say, but we have to move on, he may not change, but when you look as good as he does, is it any wonder! :nodding:
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Giroud

Postby Northern Gooner » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Northern Gooner wrote:

I disagree he is still vital and two games against teams that defended terribly and left so much space won't change my mind. When teams are sitting back and their is little or no space Theo would not work which we've seen he'd constantly give the ball away, Giroud holds it up for others and makes a nuisance of himself in the box. The man has had a really good season and deserves so much more credit.
Northern Gooner

Giroud

Postby FOYS » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Northern Gooner wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Northern Gooner wrote:

I disagree he is still vital and two games against teams that defended terribly and left so much space won't change my mind. When teams are sitting back and their is little or no space Theo would not work which we've seen he'd constantly give the ball away, Giroud holds it up for others and makes a nuisance of himself in the box. The man has had a really good season and deserves so much more credit.

But playing Giroud doesn't work against teams that defend deep, as has been proved this season. Walcott would probably be a better bet, as we would play the ball forward quicker.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Giroud

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:31 am

FOYS wrote:
Northern Gooner wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Northern Gooner wrote:

But playing Giroud doesn't work against teams that defend deep, as has been proved this season. Walcott would probably be a better bet, as we would play the ball forward quicker.

I agree with this.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Gunnersaurus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:34 am

Walcott's pace scares the life out of teams, very rarely do we see Giroud torment centre half's, quire the opposite.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

Giroud

Postby Swede » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Cometh the hour, cometh the Frenchman
Swede

Giroud

Postby Red Snapper » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:34 pm

Swede wrote:Cometh the hour, cometh the Frenchman

Yeah but he should have scored six. ;)
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Giroud

Postby Tenbob » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:51 pm

Swede wrote:Cometh the hour, cometh the Frenchman

:thumbs:
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Giroud

Postby Allgunsblazin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:06 am

He took a few whacks, and after one big whack he stood up and carried on to score that vital second, big respect to the fella, he will be feeling that this morning though....
Allgunsblazin
Forum Supporter

Postby Swede » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Case closed ….
Swede

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:34 am

Swede wrote:Case closed ….

:eek:
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
Swede wrote:Case closed ….

:eek:

It's so long ago I can't remember what case Swede argued for. I'm guessing that with Giroud winning the World Cup he's proven that he's an effective CF. Some of us held this opinion and some others didn't. It's too late to say we shouldn't have sold him though. Best to ride the new found optimism while watching the rather enjoyable Arsenal - 'Behind the Scenes' videos currently being posted on Youtube. A pleasant change from barely hearing or seeing a thing from the Club under Wenger's tenure.

One thing I've never understood about Wenger. He spoke, and was spoken of, as a very personable bloke who valued a team ethic and a team spirit. BUT he seemed to hold The Arsenal fan base at barge pole distance to a worrying and disappointing degree. I've met him a few times and had him autograph a few shirts, and he left such a disappointing squibble with his pen that you'd barely believe HE had actually made the mark. He nearly refused to sign the shirt of a young kid stood next to me until I urged him to.

As someone who argued his corner for so long, I'm relieved he's finally gone tbh. Those 10 years were good though !
louder
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Arsenal Chat