The Best line-up of 11 players to have played for Wenger

Discuss all things Arsenal

Re: The Best line-up of 11 players to have played for Wenger

Postby potter » Wed May 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Shall we just say that Bergkamp was signed by Dein on Wenger's suggestion.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 pm

potter wrote:Shall we just say that Bergkamp was signed by Dein on Wenger's suggestion.

Not unless it can be proven we shant.

Discussing top players and naming targets months in advance are two very different things. Vierra was clearly a Wenger signing pre-arrival. To say it's less clear that Dennis was the same is is an understatement.

FOYS' work here is done, but can't we all just avoid the ITK approach and just utter what we know to be true ? ,
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Hobart » Wed May 16, 2018 11:39 pm

louder wrote:
potter wrote:Shall we just say that Bergkamp was signed by Dein on Wenger's suggestion.

Discussing top players and naming targets months in advance are two very different things. Vierra was clearly a Wenger signing pre-arrival. To say it's less clear that Dennis was the same is is an understatement.

FOYS' work here is done, but can't we all just avoid the ITK approach and just utter what we know to be true ? ,

I've never claimed to be in the know with this one, and I'm about as 'in the know' as anyone who has read Xavier Rivoire (Wengers official biographer) book “Arsene Wenger – The Biography” by Xavier Rivoire. Its confirmed in there.
There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hobart
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Thu May 17, 2018 5:59 pm

Hobart wrote:
louder wrote:

I've never claimed to be in the know with this one, and I'm about as 'in the know' as anyone who has read Xavier Rivoire (Wengers official biographer) book “Arsene Wenger – The Biography” by Xavier Rivoire. Its confirmed in there.

It's on my bookshelf. I'll have another flick through.

Edit: Top of Page 112. Says Wenger's advice was sought and that he thought the striker would be a good signing. Not a Wenger signing though. . In the next paragraph it describes how Bergkamp felt uncertain about the managerial change as ''Arsenal, and Rioch, had bought'" him.

It also says that Wenger had nurtured Ashley Cole through the Academy.

Both great players !!
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Arsenal Chat