An advantage for Arsenal...

Discuss all things Arsenal

Postby Thynker » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:41 pm

With so few Arsenal players at the World Cup, I think we will have a significant advantage over other teams at the start of the season.

Looking at the pre-season training pictures, there's already a decent side to face City's depleted post-World Cup side in the 1st game.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 am

I thought that as well but on the other hand we will have three or even four brand new players making their debut. They will need to get used to their new teammates and also the way football is played in the Premiership.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: An advantage for Arsenal...

Postby louder » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:24 pm

The positivity around The Club at the moment is an advantage of sorts. I disagree that the way football is played in this country is a disadvantage. It is obviously high paced over here, but the rough on-field treatment is less prominent these days and the fact that we're playing a team like City on the first day means it'll be a football challenge, not necessarily a physically gruelling one.

A lack of Arsenal players at the World Cup HAS to be an advantage for the duration of the upcoming season.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Thynker wrote:With so few Arsenal players at the World Cup, I think we will have a significant advantage over other teams at the start of the season.

Looking at the pre-season training pictures, there's already a decent side to face City's depleted post-World Cup side in the 1st game.

I was thinking the same earlier watching the France game as there were two players linked to Arsenal. As of now I can't think of anyone bar Welbeck who's still there and he's unlikely to be a starter this coming season.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat